On Saturday, June 11, 2022, Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area hosted its first-ever Touch-a-Truck fundraiser at The Marconi Cultural Event Centre, presented by generous sponsors such as PUC Services Inc., SalDan Construction Group, Huron-Superior Catholic District School board, and media sponsors 99.5 Yes FM and Oldies 93!
The event, which ran from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., raised an astounding $16,475 for Habitat’s Affordable Homeownership Program!
Of the $16,475 raised, $9,500 was brought in before the event even took place. This was thanks to a variety of local businesses and organizations who registered as sponsors, truck bringers, or vendors.
Attendees played an enormous part in the event’s success, too. While attendance numbers were not counted, it is safe to say that thousands of community members stopped by to explore the trucks that keep our city moving. These attendees donated $6,925 in just four hours!
Aside from climbing in/on trucks and honking horns, there were many other fun activities at Touch-a-Truck. Some activities included writing on a school bus, painting on a city bus, meeting Chase from Paw Patrol, playing giant Jenga, toy truck giveaways from SalDan Construction Group/Avery Construction and Caswell Concrete Products, face painting, music, free candy and freezies, 50/50 ticket sales, and so much more!
Oldies 93 Radio
Also on-site from 9:00 a.m. to noon was Lou Turco and the Weekend Club from Oldies 93! Lou interviewed some folks from Habitat for Humanity, SalDan Construction Group, Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board, Avery Construction, and The Marconi Cultural Event Centre about their participation in Touch-a-Truck! Lou even live-streamed the entire morning on Facebook!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Habitat would like to thank everyone who came by on Saturday to donate and touch some trucks, as well as all of the following folks:
- PUC Services Inc. (Presenting/Gold Sponsor)
- SalDan Construction Group (Presenting/Gold Sponsor)
- Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (Presenting/Gold Sponsor)
- Today’s Hit Music 99.5 Yes FM (Presenting/Media Sponsor)
- Oldies 93 (Presenting/Media Sponsor)
- The Marconi Cultural Event Centre (Venue Sponsor)
- McDougall Energy Inc. (Silver Sponsor)
- Regent Property Group (Bronze Sponsor)
- Princesses Are Us (Entertainment Sponsor)
- Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services
- District of Sault Ste. Marie Paramedic Services
- Sault Ste. Marie Police Service
- The City of Sault Ste. Marie
- Anishinabek Police Service – Garden River Detachment
- First Student
- Canada Post
- GFL Environmental
- Toromont CAT
- Possamai Construction & Aggregates
- Laird Towing & Recovery
- Caswell Concrete Products
- Northern Safety and Training
- Avery Construction
- BeaverTails Mobile Sault Ste. Marie
- Hogan’s Homestead
- Fallen Leaves Maple Products
- Roolz Cotton Candy
- Brilliant Little Reads – Sam’s Usborne Books At Home
- Xcite Entertainment Solutions
More photos from Touch-a-Truck 2022 can be found on Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area’s Facebook page. Click here to see the full album. Be sure to like and follow us on social media!
Everyone had such a good time that Touch-a-Truck 2023 is already in the works.
Habitat received great feedback and enthusiasm from all sponsors, truck bringers, vendors, attendees, and volunteers, with many folks hoping to participate next year.
If you’re interested in participating in Touch-a-Truck 2023 as a sponsor, truck bringer, or vendor, please email email@example.com, and we’ll put you on the list. We can’t wait to see you next June!