Soo Burger Month 2022 was a success!
Habitat’s second annual Soo Burger Month fundraiser was a success! Nearly 2,000 Soo Burger Month burgers were eaten at ten participating restaurants in September, raising $3,700 for affordable homeownership in our community!
Best Burger Award
The Getaway Restaurant at Gateway Casinos SSM defended their 2021 Best Burger Award, creating the highest rated burger of 2022. On a scale of ten, The Full House Burger earned a 9.91 rating! The Getaway Restaurant sold 331 Full House Burgers in September, donating $2 for each burger sold (a total of $662!).
Most Burgers Sold Award
Ernie’s Coffee Shop also successfully defended their 2021 Most Burgers Sold Award, selling 442 Ernie Burgers this September! The Ernie Burger also came in second place for the Best Burger Award, earning a 9.72/10 rating from the community. Ernie’s Coffee Shop donated $1 per burger sold, donating $442 to our Affordable Homeownership Program.
Other Participating Restaurants
- Montana’s BBQ & Bar sold 430 Brisket Burgers – donating $1 per burger sold and topping up their donation with an extra $200 ($630 total!)
- Centre Ice Bar & Grill donated $2 for every Toto Burger sold ($410 total!)
- The Root sold 97 Pro Shop Burgers and donated $2 for every burger sold. A generous customer (Caswell Concrete Products!) donated an additional $100 when picking up their burgers, and The Root matched their donation and rounded up for a total of $400!
- Uncle Gino’s sold 102 burgers and donated $2 for every 40 Creek Burger sold and even topped up their donation with an extra $100 ($304 total!).
- Shooters Downstairs Lounge donated $300!
- Soo Blaster sold 106 Double Double Burgers and donated $2 for every burger sold ($212 total!).
- Quattro sold 70 Double Bacon Cheeseburgers, donating $70 to Habitat!
- The Soup Witch sold 130 Banshee Burgers and donated $2 for every burger sold ($260 total!).
There are so many great folks to thank for the success of this fundraiser. First, we’d like to thank our presenting sponsor, SooToday.com, for helping us get the word out about Soo Burger Month 2022.
Next, we’d like to thank Cliffe Printing for sponsoring our Burger Passports and tent cards which helped local foodies find their next burger and rate it online!
We’d also like to thank all ten restaurants for participating in Soo Burger Month 2022. We couldn’t have done it without you and hope we can work together again for Soo Burger Month 2023!
Lastly, we’d like to thank all of the lovely community members who decided to #SupportLocal and #SupportHabitat by enjoying one of the ten delicious Soo Burger Month burgers offered by participating restaurants.