• This position is responsible for assisting the truck driver to collect donations around the community. This position also takes care of tidying up the interior and exterior of the delivery truck.
• This position is responsible for customer interactions, and pricing donated items as directed. This position also takes care of a variety of tasks related to ensuring that the ReStore is kept neat and orderly.
Processing Centre Assistant
• This position is responsible for assisting in receiving donations and preparing them for sale, assisting customers with carry-outs, and helping to keep the Donation Centre clean and organized
• This position is responsible for ensuring donated household appliances are clean, in good working order, and ready for resale (fridges, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.).
• This position is responsible for ensuring donated household electronics are clean, in good working order, and ready for resale. We are looking for volunteers with an aptitude for electronics for this position.
Customer Service Assistant
• This position is responsible for volunteering during office hours, answering telephone calls, booking customer pickups and deliveries, and answering general inquiries. Office experience is an asset.
• This position is responsible for volunteering on a regular basis during office hours (1/2 day per week, twice a month, etc.) Word processing experience would be an asset. Tasks may include taking notes, answering phone calls, data entry, participating in task force meetings, and more.
• This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to Habitat for Humanity’s special events. Tasks include reaching out to community partners, participating in meetings, selling tickets, and more.
• Under the supervision of the build coordinator, Crew Leaders will work with multiple skilled volunteers who can construction day. Crew Leaders have four basic responsibilities: providing on-the-job training and supervision for semi-skilled and unskilled volunteers; ensuring necessary tools are on-site for specific tasks; maintaining safety, including the safe use of equipment, protective measures for workers, pacing workers, etc.; and maintaining quality. Crew leaders, themselves should perform tasks that require a high level of skill. Crew leaders also should be able to quickly assess the abilities of volunteers, teach crew members proper construction techniques, answer their questions, and show patience.
• We are always looking for construction volunteers with a wide range of skills and skill levels (tradespeople, skilled amateurs, eager helpers). We need volunteers who are willing to participate in ICF installation, framing, siding, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, flooring, cabinet installation, and much more.
• This position is responsible for volunteering in the evenings and occasionally on the weekends to tidy and clean up the construction site. This position will also complete the final clean prior to the Habitat Homeowners receiving the keys.
You may wish to put your skills and knowledge to use by sitting on one of the committees with Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area, such as:
Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area recruit new board members each spring prior to the Annual General Meeting. Board members work collaboratively to govern the organization. Volunteering as a board member is a rewarding experience and a meaningful way to contribute to the community.