Now Hiring: Assistant ReStore Manager
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Application Deadline: Dec 3, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
The Assistant ReStore Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ReStore and ensures the ReStore's staff and volunteers are fully supportive of the affiliate's vision and goals and understands the ReStore's purpose is as a social enterprise (fundraising) that compliments the affiliate's fundraising and building activities.
The core competencies for this position include Resale Operations, Inventory and Merchandising, Safety and Warehouse Supervision, Volunteer Program, Financial, Loss Prevention and Risk Management, Human Resources, Administration, and Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity Brand and ReStore products.
The Assistant ReStore Manager is also responsible for upholding the vision, mission, and values of HFHSSMA and for complying with all policies, procedures, and directives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Director, ReStore Operations in drafting operational objectives related to strategic goals for review by the ED
- Implementing and monitoring the success of approved operational objectives
- Attending to store exterior and parking lots, store layout, cleanliness, and overall customer experience
- Developing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships that contribute to building a formidable team
- Communicating effectively with all ReStore employees (associates), management and volunteers, while demonstrating an awareness of and consideration for the opinions and feelings of others
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of an environment that consistently focuses on delivering a superior ReStore experience for all customers
- Training and supporting associates and volunteers in how to provide a superior customer experience to all customers and donors
- Inventory and merchandising by implementing an effective merchandising layout to maximize sales and ensure a wonderful experience and the safety of each customer, associate, and volunteer
- Safety and Warehouse Supervision by assisting the Director, ReStore Operations to train associates and volunteers in health and safety training
- Volunteer Program by assisting in the recruitment, training and development and recognition of all volunteers and taking positive steps to nurture and support these volunteers
- Financial by assisting the Director, ReStore Operations with financial reporting practices including the reconciling of daily sales, and the daily closing out of all financial transactions.
- Loss Prevention & Risk Management by ensuring proper operation in all stores of security and safety systems including video surveillance, door locks, alarms, fire extinguishers, and cash procedures
- Human Resources by assisting in interviews of potential new associates and volunteers, conducting ReStore associate and volunteer orientation, supervising ReStore associates and volunteers
- Administration by ensuring that associates and volunteers comply with established company policies, procedures, and standards
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in management position
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work through difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Additional skills including:
- Organized, accurate, and efficient
- Dependable, with strong time management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media
- Criminal Records Check is required as a condition of employment
- Valid G License with clear driving record is required as a condition of employment
- Forklift operator license is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and we, therefore, encourage early submissions.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document to email@example.com with the subject line: Assistant ReStore Manager Application. Please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Applications must be received before 4PM EST on December 3, 2021.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity SSMA will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please). We are committed to Equitable Opportunity Employment.
About Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area
Founded in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area is a non-profit community-based organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. HFHSSMA offers a sustainable solution to the housing crisis facing our communities by mobilizing volunteers and community partners to build affordable housing and promoting homeownership.
For more information, please visit www.habitatsault.ca